Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to decision-makers in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data and machine learning-powered analytics to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest challenges.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we are iterating in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth.
Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for identifying commercial revenue opportunities and managing the strategic partnerships to support the sales roadmap with geospatial analytics customers. This job has elements of strategy, sales, project management and execution.
- Identifying and evaluating potential business opportunities and strategic partnerships within the Geospatial ecosystem to build Planet market share in this vertical
- Refining a strategic approach to expanding Planet’s solutions into key market segments
- Developing and presenting executive updates benchmarking progress against target metrics to the Sales Leadership to assist in decision making (i.e. analysis of market size, revenue and funding, strategic planning) and strategic planning
- Supporting contract negotiation with external partners and customers
- Working with Planet cross-functional teams to gather information on technical feasibility of new projects, establish consensus on stakeholders, and successfully negotiate and close new accounts
- Project Management of pilots, opportunities, and partnerships
The Must Haves:
- At least 3-5 years of relevant Business Development experience in Analytics and Machine Learning industries
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. MBA is highly preferred.
- Experience in the Geospatial Imagery Ecosystem, Analytics and Machine Learning industries including working relationships with key stakeholders
- Excellent project, time, and budget management skills, and being able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously without sacrificing attention to detail
- A mixture of high energy, flexibility and team orientation with a direct, honest, and respectful approach to problem solving, and an ability to work both collaboratively and independently in a high-growth, start-up culture
- Outstanding executive communication (speaking and writing), interpersonal, and organizational skills