Are you looking to join one of Silicon Valley’s hottest startups, with top-tier VC funding and all-star engineering, product, and sales teams?
We are Sumo Logic and we are building the Next Generation Log Management and Analytics solution --- delivered as a cloud-based service. With 900+ enterprise customers and the backing of the world's leading investors (Accel, Greylock, Sequoia, Sutter Hill, IVP, and DFJ Growth), Sumo Logic is reshaping the Big Data landscape with its cloud-based machine data analytics platform.
As a Senior Technical Support Engineer, you use your deep Linux/Unix and Software Support experience to assist our enterprise customers with technical issue resolution and advice. You will be working with customers to quickly assess and troubleshoot issues, document product enhancements or defects, and provide best practice advice around the implementation and use of the Sumo Logic service. You will work with Engineering, Product, Sales, and the rest of the Customer Success team on various product issues, and contribute to projects revolving around support tools, knowledge management, our growing market place of solutions, and more.
The successful candidate for this job will have a strong technical aptitude along with a strong self-starting, proactive mentality and excellent verbal and written communication skills. You will be working with quite technical users and complex issues and you’re tasked with creating excitement and loyalty in the customers you interact with.
- Provide technical support for enterprise customers.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Sumo Logic service.
- Troubleshoot technical issues to establish the root cause of problems and form a solution or workaround across a range of environments.
- Provide documentation content and participate in online forum support for real-time questions from Sumo Logic users.
- Reproduce customer issues and if necessary file bug reports, escalate cases to engineering and provide necessary documentation.
- Provide input on product and service related enhancement requests back to Engineering, Product Management, Sales and Marketing teams.
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation, providing after hours support for critical issues submitted by Sumo Logic’s premier customers.
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3+ years experience providing technical support for SaaS-based software solutions with experience in diagnosing and troubleshooting using common browser diagnostic and development tools.
- Deep Unix/Linux, Windows and MacOS support experience.
- Basic scripting or programming experience (Java, C++, Python, Perl, Bash, etc...).
- Familiarity with logging systems, such as Windows Event Viewer, Syslog, Rsyslog, or Syslog-ng.
- Understanding of networking protocols and troubleshooting. (TCP/IP, DNS, SSH, traceroute, tcpdump, dig, etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate technical solutions clearly and effectively.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, MIS or a related technical field. In lieu of degree, 5 years of relevant experience.
- Strong understanding of pattern matching using regular expressions. (RegEx)
- SaaS experience.