We believe that people who make great things should get paid for the value they give to the world. We strive to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it fast and easy to run a business as a professional creator, so that creators can focus on making art.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. A diversity of perspectives will help us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons, and enable us to best accomplish our mission of funding the creative class. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here!
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill that vision. We believe that hiring smart, ambitious people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results.
Patreon is looking for someone to ….
Build and expand a world-class, world-wide billing & payments platform. Every day, Patreon processes subscription payments and payouts for creators around the world in over 100 countries and we want someone who is energized by this challenge.
What you would do:
- Build and deliver the vision, strategy and product roadmap for one of the most critical pieces of Patreon’s infrastructure: our billing & payments product
- Lead discussion and decision-making around complex issues of compliance, payment providers, payouts, reliability, internationalization, etc.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams from engineering, data science, design, finance, legal and more
- Understand and influence the roadmaps of our external payment providers
Skills you possess:
- 7+ years of experience building billing, payments or financial products in a product management role
- Attention to detail - we process and pay out a lot of money on behalf of creators. There is little room for error.
- Strong understanding of the billing and payments ecosystem and provider stack
- Excellent ability to prioritize and sequence work
- Inspiring and motivating - Ability to tell a story for the problems you’re solving and the vision you want to realize; balanced with the details
- Ownership - the desire to be accountable to metric-moving outcomes
- Exceptional communication skills
- Bonus points for:
- Technical background - engineering, data science or billing & payment operations
- Existing relationships with external partners in the billing & payments stack
- Strong understanding of fraud detection and tools
- Global perspective and understanding of the payments landscape outside of the U.S.
What you will have the chance to learn:
- The global payments ecosystem from end to end
- Operating at huge scale - we process thousands of payments per second
- How to merge the online and offline world of payment processing to support our creators