Cylance is seeking a Financial Reporting Director to oversee all internal and external financial reporting and provide technical accounting support to our fast-paced organization and growing Accounting team. This position will be based in our Irvine, CA headquarters.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Lead the preparation of all external reporting, including financial statements and disclosures, statements of cashflow and equity, EPS calculations, and global statutory reporting.
- Perform technical accounting research and provide guidance to accounting & finance teams, including the preparation of internal memos.
- Participate in monthly close procedures by reviewing technical or judgmental areas, including revenue recognition, equity, and consolidations.
- Ensure compliance with rules, regulations, and disclosures under US GAAP and SEC.
- Manage financial reporting platform and implement required systems.
- Assisting with the preparation of earnings releases, including financial exhibits, conference call script, and other communications / presentations for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare internal reporting packages for Audit Committee, Board, and Executive Management.
- Interact directly with independent auditors on quarterly reviews, annual audits, and statutory audits of international subsidiaries.
- Assist with implementation and compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements.
- Participate in and/or lead various finance and accounting projects for the Company.
- Identify and promote process improvement to streamline business procedures and systems.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelors in Accounting or Business Administration with an Accounting focus.
- 8 - 12 years’ experience in accounting, with minimum 5 years’ financial reporting.
- CPA license preferred.
- Big 4 public accounting experience preferred.
- Proficient with and adaptable to technology tools (e.g. ERP systems, Microsoft Word/Excel).
- Strong understanding of GAAP.
- Ability to research and reach well-reasoned conclusions on technical accounting issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment.
- Requires the ability to work independently with substantial latitude for action and decision while maintaining focus on achieving optimal outcomes as part of a collaborative development effort.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU TO APPLY
- Current resume
- Cover letter/summary expressing:
- Why you are interested in working at Cylance
- The skills, strengths and expertise you will contribute to our diverse team of extraordinary talent and humble hearts
BENEFITS AND PERKS
In addition to medical, dental, vision and 401(K) matching, we offer other great benefits and a slew of perks such as casual dress attire, plethora of employer-sponsored food and snack items, toll road/public transportation subsidy, gym membership discount, etc. We’re proud to be certified as A Great Place to Work for 2017-2018!
Cylance Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.