Red Team Services is a practice within Cylance Professional Services who conduct all offensive security focused assessments. The engagements delivered by this group range from goal oriented red team assessments to embedded systems reverse engineering and exploitation and everything in between.
Cylance Professional Services is seeking a Senior Consultant to support the Red Team Services practice. The Senior Consultant will be responsible for consistent, technically sound delivery of high quality engagements while also advancing the technical excellence of the practice. They exercise wisdom, excel at communication and setting expectations, and are able to lead teams through short and long-term red team engagements.
The Senior Consultant will lead teams and be a strong penetration tester capable of performing complex security assessments while maintaining a business focus and meeting client requirements. The successful candidate must have experience in one or more of the following; network, application and embedded penetration testing, as well as secure architectures and remediation strategies.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Deliver network, application, wireless, physical and embedded systems penetration testing, as well as red team and social engineering engagements.
- Drive the technical excellence of the practice by contributing to and maintaining testing methodologies to ensure they always utilize the latest available tools and techniques.
- Collaborate on research, whitepapers and conference talks to drive awareness of the practice’s expertise and capabilities
- Contribute to tool development, both software and hardware, as well as processes and infrastructure, to advance the capabilities of the practice
- Be able to travel to customer locations up to 50%. You will work remotely when you do not need to travel to a customer site.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 3 years’ experience as a penetration tester in your area of expertise
- A passion for challenging technical work and the desire to constantly push yourself and excel in both your chosen specialties and new disciplines.
- An intense curiosity and drive to discover how a thing works (and how it can be broken) that takes you down the rabbit hole, but also the pragmatism and time management to know when to let it go and try to a different approach.
- A desire to share knowledge with your teammates and in turn learn from others.
- Strong attention to detail and the compulsion to deliver awesome work as a point of professional pride.
- The ability to work independently with minimal oversight. This means having advanced time management and multitasking skills.
- Exercising sound judgement in setting customer expectations, but always meeting those expectations once set.
- Knowledge in the following technical disciplines:
- Network Penetration Testing
- Web Application / Web API Penetration Testing
- Mobile Application Penetration Testing
- 802.11 Wireless Penetration Testing
- Embedded Systems / Hardware Penetration Testing
- Bluetooth, ZigBee, Z-Wave Penetration Testing
- Social engineering tactics and techniques
- Cloud Architecture (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Windows and Active Directory Architecture
- Windows/Linux/UNIX/OSX internals
- Interpreted languages (Ruby, Python, PHP, etc.)
- Compiled languages (Java, C, C++, Assembly, etc.)
ABOVE AND BEYOND
- Proven community contributions through published research, CVE’s, conference presentations, publications, media interviews, tool development, etc.
- Significant binary and/or hardware reverse engineering experience
- Exploit development experience (x86/64 and/or ARM)
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU TO APPLY
BENEFITS AND PERKS
In addition to medical, dental, vision and 401(K) matching, we offer other great benefits and a slew of perks such as casual dress attire, plethora of employer-sponsored food and snack items, toll road/public transportation subsidy, gym membership discount, etc. We’re proud to be certified as A Great Place to Work for 2017-2018!
Cylance Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.