At the heart of Cylance’s industry-leading Machine learning algorithm is the data that drives malware analysis models. Obtaining rich data requires expertise in several areas of program analysis. Within Cylance’s research and Intelligence team we work on solving complex program analysis problems to extract accurate and rich data that helps us create scalable and practical solutions.
You'll be joining our core research team, working on building next generation of products and features. This team of researchers are experts in the OS internals, threat and attack landscape as well as reversing engineering. As a research architect, your main responsibility will be to identify and lead creation of research tools and prototypes that drives innovative solutions within products. Understanding of rapidly changing threat landscape and features that protect against the new attacks is expected.
Additionally, your responsibilities will include working closely with many different teams within Cylance to understand their workflow and requirements to most effectively provide efficient solutions and algorithms. We see a Research Architect as a person who is passionate about creating new technologies, champion their ideas, work across teams and be ready to research on different aspects of securing the device and cloud as well as improving the backend tools.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop, harden and extend solutions that enhance Cylance’s products and features.
- Work closely with machine learning teams to understand how the program analysis data can be used, you are the subject matter expert of the context of data.
- Work closely with backend and infrastructure teams to deploy your solutions in backend frameworks.
- Work closely with endpoint product teams to understand the requirements of running complex algorithms at scale and efficiently on endpoint machines.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 3+ years of reverse engineering experience.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Strong understanding of Windows Internals and Kernel programming is a must.
- Understanding of compiler internals and program loader behavior is a plus.
- Experience with writing unit tests and quality control in software.
- Expertise in programming languages like C#, C++ as well as scripting languages like Python.
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies including EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, and ElastiCache is a plus.
- Extensive experience with common security, source control and administration tools including Git, VPN, Secure Shell, etc.
- Flexible and adaptable self-starter with strong relationship-building skills
- Must have a passion for your work and an ability to apply that passion to both daily tasks and larger projects
- Collaborative and team-oriented attitude
- Effective problem-solving capabilities
- Takes initiative and approaches all tasks and projects proactively
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks with little to no supervision
- Intellectual curiosity, humility, accountability and positive approach
ABOVE AND BEYOND
- Malware analysis hands on experience is a plus.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU TO APPLY
- Current resume
- Cover letter/summary expressing:
- Why you are interested in working at Cylance
- The skills, strengths and expertise you will contribute to our diverse team of extraordinary talent and humble hearts
BENEFITS AND PERKS
In addition to medical, dental, vision and 401(K) matching, we offer other great benefits and a slew of perks such as casual dress attire, plethora of employer-sponsored food and snack items, toll road/public transportation subsidy, gym membership discount, etc. We’re proud to be certified as A Great Place to Work for 2017-2018!
Cylance Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.