Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
We believe that people who make great things should get paid for the value they give to the world. We strive to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it fast and easy to run a business as a professional creator, so that creators can focus on making art.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. A diversity of perspectives will help us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons, and enable us to best accomplish our mission of funding the creative class.
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill that vision. We believe that hiring smart, ambitious people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results.
Patreon is looking for a Customer Success Leader to scale out our consultative success initiatives with creators. As the Head of Creator Success, you’ll work with influential creators, learn their business needs, and provide strategic, proactive solutions to help them reach their goals. Within the company, you’ll serve as the leader for creator revenue expansion and ensure that the business is investing in the appropriate initiatives to help creators run a successful membership business.
What you would do:
- Own the entire Creator Success initiative within Patreon to identify areas for creator revenue expansion across our 100,000 creators
- Serve as a trusted consultant to our creators through development of Patreon’s best practices and a repeatable creator engagement framework
- Drive thought leadership at industry events regarding membership revenue expansion
- Develop the operations, tracking and reporting for the Creator Success org and how we deliver on our revenue expansion goals as a business
- Partner with product, marketing and creator-facing teams to ensure that that we build the right products and scale out our education to deliver on our mission to get creators paid
- Establish a network of partners that can help us scale our Creator Success initiatives in the process building out certified Patreon trainers
Skills you possess:
- Customer Success Expertise: 5+ years relevant work experience in account management, customer success, strategic consulting, brand marketing, talent management.
- Management Experience: 5+ years of management experience. You are coming in to build out the Creator Success function within Patreon - this role will require getting your hands dirty initially to get the Creator Success function on the right track and drive impact. From there, the expectation would be to scale up the Creator Success organization.
- Communication: You’re disciplined and methodical in documenting your work. You craft clear and articulate ideas and solutions.
- Critical Thinking: You are a strategic and creative thinker who can align incentives and priorities of multiple parties.
- Business Outcome Focused: You boil projects and objectives down to their business outcome and execute diligently towards strategic business outcomes.
- Initiative: You have a growth mindset and aptitude for learning. You identify, define, and solves strategic problems, thinking holistically about whole systems.
- Strategic Relationship Building: You have the ability to understand the complex organizational structure of creator organizations and map consulting engagements against organizational objectives.
- Add Value Quickly: Ability to identify strategies for adding value quickly and ensuring that we are taking incremental steps to drive towards creator revenue expansion.
- Core Behavior Ambassador: You exemplify Patreon's core behaviors and influence others around the organization.
What you will have the chance to learn:
- This is an amazing opportunity to learn about shifts in the creative economy and how a variety of businesses can thrive with patron-based membership,
- You’ll interact with an array of influential creators and learn how they build and sustain their communities.
- You’ll learn how to effectively improve the financial health and wellbeing of creators on Patreon.
- This is a unique chance to serve as the voice of creators within Patreon, elevating key product requests, concerns, and celebrations to all of the company.
You’ll love working here if:
- You care about getting artists and creators paid
- You thrive in highly collaborative environment
- You are committed to challenging the status quo and make sure our culture at Patreon is among the most diverse and inclusive places to work