Music does something to us.
Bliss, flow, high... call it what you want, but you know it when you feel it. It’s when you’re making music and you’re in the zone. Headphones on, and it’s just flowing out of you. It’s when the sun comes up and the DJ drops a track that just hits the spot. A deeper moment, with a deeper connection to it. Those moments are not ordinary. They’re not everyday. They’re transcendent.
Now imagine a world with more of these moments. That’s the world we believe in. And it’s what we’re here to create.
At Splice, we seek to empower all musicians to realize their creative potential and unleash it on the world. We do this by relentlessly serving them, evolving their creative process and developing opportunities for them to thrive.
We are hiring an Executive Assistant to support the office of the Chief Product Officer (CPO), who oversees product development, design and marketing. This is a 401K eligible position with employee benefits.
As an Executive Assistant at Splice New York, you’ll:
- Provide deep executive support in a one-on-one working relationship with the CPO for a fast paced music and technology company.
- Provide occasional personal support to the CPO as necessary. (This is an EA role but some personal scheduling and research may be requested.)
- Provide support during normal business hours with flexibility as necessary to complete off-hours scheduling and special requests. (Our intention is to support a great work/life balance while still being flexible to support very active employees.)
- Additionally provide administrative support (calendar and expense) support for a key member of the office, the Vice President of Product.
- Complete a broad variety of executive support tasks for the office of the CPO including:
- manage an extremely active calendar of appointments;
- leading and managing special projects to support the product, design, and marketing functions of the company;
- complete expense reports;
- compose and prepare correspondence that is often confidential;
- arrange complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas;
- compile documents for travel-related meetings;
- email inbox management;
- Plan, coordinate and ensure the CPO's schedule is followed and respected. Provide "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role for direct access to the CPO's time and office.
- Work closely and effectively with the CPO to anticipate and communicate upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Act as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the CPO updated.
- Collaborate with other assistants on the team (there are 2 additional support staff with more on the way);
- Communicate directly, and on behalf of the CPO, with board members, staff, and others.
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CPO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provide smooth communication between the CPO’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Prioritize conflicting needs expeditiously, proactively, and with follow-through, often with deadline pressures
Relevant experience and mindset:
- You share our vision, specifically you care about music and culture
- You care about quality. It drives you.
- You are an expert at anticipating future needs
- You actively shape, not just respond to, the way information and organizations flow
- Your listening and inquiry skills are sharp and exacting
- Your communication is clear, direct, and kind
- You’re self-directed towards generating excellent work outcomes
- You can demonstrate a strong history of professional work, with 5+ years of relevant work experience supporting C-level executives
- You have experience working with a late-stage technology startup or public technology company
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment with a bias towards action