We are Sumo Logic, and we are building the Next Generation Log Management and Analytics solution --- delivered as a cloud-based service. We have 1200+ enterprise customers with $160.5M in funding from the world's leading investors (Accel, Greylock, Sequoia, Sutter Hill, and DFJ Growth), and we are reshaping the Big Data landscape with its cloud-based machine data analytics platform with an All-Star team.
The proliferation of machine log data has the potential to give organizations unprecedented real-time visibility into their infrastructure and operations. With this opportunity comes tremendous technical challenges around ingesting, managing, and understanding high-volume streams of heterogeneous data.
- Design and implement extremely high-volume, fault-tolerant, scalable backend systems that process and manage petabytes of customer data.
- Evaluate technical requirements, estimate development costs, design and implement the software, review the design and implementation, improve the development process, perform unit testing, communicate status, analyze risks and compromises, integrate software into larger systems, and diagnose and resolve issues.
- Work on various technical projects to deploy successful product releases, from early product definition to scoping to detailed specification, implementation, and rollout phases.
- Analyze and improve the efficiency, scalability, and reliability of our backend systems.
- Write robust code and demonstrate its robustness through automated tests.
- Utilize various technical tools including Java and C++.
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related IT field and three (3) years of experience as a Software Engineer, Software Developer or in a related role.
- In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree and three (3) years of experience, will accept a Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related IT field and one (1) year of experience as a Software Engineer, Software Developer or in a related role.
- Work experience with:
- formulating and analyzing software requirements with programming language using Java, Python, or C++;
- multithreaded programming;
- object-oriented design;
- Big Data systems; and
- distributed systems running in an enterprise environment.