In June 2017, Sumo Logic announced another $75M funding round led by Sapphire Ventures, with participation from new and existing investors including DFJ Growth, Greylock Partners, Sequoia Capital, and others ( https://www.sumologic.com/press/2017-06-27/75-million-funding-round/). This brings our total funding to $235.5M to date. Sumo Logic’s business has scaled significantly, tripling both our annual recurring revenue and customer count to over 1,500 customers, reflecting every major vertical and company size.
Who Are We?
We are a secure, cloud-native, machine data analytics service, delivering real-time, continuous intelligence from structured, semi-structured and unstructured data across the entire application lifecycle and stack. Our mission is to democratize analytics, making it accessible, simple and powerful for businesses of all sizes to build, run and secure their organizations. With Sumo Logic, customers can harness the power of machine data to gain operational business and customer insights that lead to competitive advantage and differentiated customer experience.
What Do We Do?
Sumo Logic was founded in 2010 by experts in log management, scalable systems, big data, and security. We imagined a world of Yottabyte-scale machine data, where machine learning algorithms and advanced analytics could make sense of it all. Today, our purpose-built, cloud-native service analyzes more than 100 petabytes of data, more than 16 million searches, and delivers 10s of millions of insights daily – positioning Sumo among the most powerful machine data analytics services in the world. Our customers around the globe rely on Sumo Logic for the analytics and insights to build, run and secure their modern applications and cloud infrastructures. With Sumo Logic, customers gain a service-model advantage to accelerate their shift to continuous innovation, increasing competitive advantage, business value, and growth.
Manager, Sales Development Team - London
- Manage Inbound and Outbound SDRs daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly activities via SFDC. (e.g., call time, connect rates etc.)
- Build and maintain a knowledge base to become an expert on Sumo Logic products, sales personas, and services.
- Report on weekly and monthly metrics
- Identify and communicate recommendations for improvement in the areas of efficiency and productivity
- Collaborate with team to ensure a positive working relationship
- Provide daily leadership, development, and training to the team
- Assist with hiring, onboarding, and promoting SDR team members
- Create an accessible repository of weekly, monthly, and quarterly metrics
- Work closely with Sales Ops & Biz Ops on creating standardized reports to track performance
- Identify processes & tools to help improve productivity & effectiveness of our organization
- Teach customer-centric engagement and value selling oriented qualification
- Educate the team on CRM utilization and best practices
- Work closely with the AE Team to ensure a positive working relationship and maximize the impact and effectiveness of sales development efforts
- Work with Marketing and Sales to ensure efficient prospect/customer information exchange and hand-off
- Keep alignment doc up to date
- Remove roadblocks to SDR success
- Minimum 2 years experience leading an inside sales/sales development team for a software or SaaS company.
- An established track record in managing, mentoring a growing team
- Deep understanding of leading through data analysis and metrics.
- A keen understanding of how to interpret data to drive better decision-making
- Strong leadership presence and tenure.
- A familiarity with SaaS and/or subscription-based business sales models.
- Have referenceable creditability with Sales Vice Presidents and Directors
- A desire for operational rigor and excellence. You thrive to foster growth and evolve processes to accelerate success
- A customer-centric ethos.
- A knack for quickly deconstructing challenges, then prioritizing steps to tackle them.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, in person or on the phone