We are looking for a Technical Product Manager who will lead the definition and strategy for Sumo Logic’s data collection and management platform components, In this strategic platform role, this person will define and execute the data collection & management roadmap, work across the business to evangelize the vision and ensure our service is reliable and addressing customers current and future needs.
You will report into the Senior Director of Product Management to lead the definition and execute on the delivery for all aspects of our data ingest and collection management components. In this role, you will be responsible for developing requirements, working with scrum teams in the US, India and Europe to deliver those capabilities to the market. You will partner closely with the Marketing and field teams to provide technical enablement and training. You will also work closely with cloud providers and technology vendors to develop integrations for data collection with services from AWS, GCP, Azure, and others.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of delivering successful data and integration platform technologies in on-premise, cloud, and SaaS environments. They will have deep domain knowledge in open source collection and monitoring technologies and proven working experience with AWS and similar cloud services from Google and Microsoft.
- Work closely with key customers and strategic partners to gather and analyze customer problems, use cases, and usage to gain a deep understanding of solution/ product requirements.
- Deliver new product solutions for installed and cloud data collection and management.
- Prioritize product direction by maintaining a detailed product roadmap supported by data analysis and competitive positioning.
- Represent the voice of the customers to Product Engineering teams, and to Sumo Executives.
- Partner with Engineering to ensure our service is meeting our scale (100TB/day and growing) and reliability goals, and make necessary prioritization decisions to support those goals.
- Participate in go-to-market plans, working and guiding product marketing and sales on technical solution and approaches.
- Contribute and/or develop various aspects of sales kits including whitepapers, blogs, messaging documents, presentations, and product demonstrations.
- Travel (approximately 10-15% both domestic and international) for customer visits, industry conferences, thought leadership and evangelism, supporting marketing activities at trade shows.
Required Qualifications, Skills, & Experience:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MBA preferred
- 10+ years of experience in a technical product management role and IT-related field
- Strong knowledge of Big Data, IaaS and PaaS technologies. Experience with leading cloud providers such as AWS, Azure or Google.
- Proven experience and knowledge with machine data collection and monitoring technologies such as ColecttD, FluentD, StatsD, Graphite, Prometheus, Syslog.
- Ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational level, launching new product services successfully in the marketplace.
- Strong technical foundation in the IT industry, including an in-depth working knowledge of the IT software and cloud ecosystem spaces.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and presentation skills; solid business acumen; well-honed influencing skills are essential.
- Self-motivated and team-oriented; able to work both autonomously and effectively as part of a geographically dispersed team.