Strategic Support Analyst at Anaplan
Minneapolis, MN, US
Anaplan is a financial, sales and operational cloud-based planning system. One model can contain billions of cells of data that can be updated in real-time by thousands of users. With year on year growth we are a truly global company with offices all over the world. You would face challenges of working in a dynamic environment as the company continue the growing momentum.
In this role, you will be part of the HyperCare team that proactively engage with a portfolio of Anaplan customer to ensure the customer success in having great confidence with Anaplan product and for the customer to be self-sufficient so that they can make Anaplan their spine of decision making. This will involve engaging with our internal stakeholders to flag out issues and take it to the customer before they reach out. You will be required to work with a wide range of people including but not limited to customer representative, Support Agents and Business Partners.
The team supports our worldwide customer base from different offices hence the role requires the successful candidate to be part of an on-call rotation. The Customer Health Partner team provides 24/7 support for customer issues. The on-call rotation is shared between several team members so you can expect to be on call 1 night per week and 1 weekend per month.
The goal of the HyperCare Support team is to enable our customers to focus on their core activity of planning by adroitly managing the services supporting the planning process. This means you will need to develop strong relationships with customers and work to understand their goals. You will serve as the primary point of contact, both internally and externally, for items relating to the requested services to manage.
We believe the well-rounded Anaplan Strategic Support Analyst should demonstrate these capabilities:
• Ability to model build on the Anaplan Platform or a multi-dimensional tool (such as IBM Cognos TM1, Oracle Hyperion, SAP BPC) at an advanced level
• Ability to design not just an Anaplan solution but take into account the wider technology solution and ecosystem
• Ability to guide the customer to success using best practices and ensuring we make the customer successful
• Managing numerous projects simultaneously, adhering to SOW’s, Project Milestones, etc.
• Executing work plans in global time zones, both on-site or remote
• Be flexible at work in terms of time spend, work order and prioritization
• Be someone who can take a complex issue and break it down into simple, manageable steps or milestones
• Understand the support process well, able to diagnose problems and perform root cause analysis
• Manage components of an Anaplan practice that a customer cannot or does not want to manage themselves. For example:
Application performance testing
Data integrations into and out of Anaplan
Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
Developing a Center of Excellence (CoE)
• Manage a service for a portfolio of customers (typically 3-7)
• Able to be predictive with what are the customers want(s) and need(s) to be handled as a managed service
• Proactively engage customers to establish a structure for managing the requested services
• Quickly develop a strong understanding of what Anaplan can do
• Focusing on team success over individual accomplishment
COMMON TRAITS OF A STRATEGIC SUPPORT ANALYST
Readily manage and resolve conflict
Detail-oriented and observant
A relevant qualification in technology and/or business, e.g. computer science, information management, business or equivalent expertise
Business consulting/implementation experience with multi-dimensional systems such as Cognos, Hyperion, TM1, etc with at least 3 years working experience or Anaplan Model Builder experience with at least 1 year working experience
Strong client-facing skills and a successful track record of engagement management
Subject matter expertise in financial or operational management systems, including financial modelling expertise
Significant experience of numerical and other analysis and interpretative techniques
Ability to translate from model-building in Excel to multi-dimensional technologies.
Strong understanding of data integration (inbound and outbound)
Strong technical troubleshooting skills
Persistent nature and strong issue follow-through habits
Ability to thrive in a loosely structured, dynamic environment.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, spoken, presentation) with the ability to engage effectively with staff at all levels and external parties.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
In-depth knowledge of at least 2 industry verticals (e.g. Pharma, Finance, Energy, etc.)
MBA or equivalent
Monitoring and log file experience
SFDC Service Cloud