Senior Data Scientist at 4INFO
San Mateo, CA, US
We are looking for a machine learning expert to add to our data science team. In this role, you will learn about our enormous identity graph, location datasets and other data to predict device level, person level and household level characteristics. Our data are derived from billions of rows of location and other data from over 400 million devices. If you are up to the task and can execute with limited supervision, we want you.
You will use location data, handset data and app usage data, among other datasets to predict age, gender, location visitation and lifestyle attributes using seed data from a variety of sources. Your knowledge may also be applied to other forecasting problems such as inventory forecasting.
What you will do:
• Create valuable audience segments using machine learning and other methods applied to seed data and historical location, app usage and other data.
• Help build a scalable machine learning platform.
• Provide machine learning mentorship to the team.
• Strong understanding of machine learning theory with experience in prototyping, diagnosing and validating forecasting models.
• Strong analytical skills. Experience working with statistical tools and libraries (R, numpy/scipy, pandas etc.)
• Skill in working with MapReduce, Spark and Big-data SQL technologies (BigQuery, Hive etc.)
• Strong understanding of probability theory and mathematical optimization.
• Ability to write quality code for prototyping.
• MS or PhD in quantitative field
• 1-3 years experience
• Strong programming skills. Python is highly recommended. Scala, Java, SQL, Cython, and Bash are desirable.
• Experience with mobile advertising, online advertising or social media is a plus.
Industry: Marketing and Advertising Technology
Employment type: Full-time
Experience: Entry-level to Mid-level
Job function: Data Science
Marketing and Advertising • 51-200 employees • Founded 2004 • Privately Held
4INFO enables national brand advertisers, publishers and technology companies to reach audiences across screens with unprecedented scale and accuracy. With its mobile-first, cross-screen platform, 4INFO matches people to devices to precisely target consumers across 500+ million screens and reaches 95 percent of all U.S. mobile app users. Unlike other platforms that attempt to link data to devices using probabilistic methods, 4INFO’s patented methodology facilitates targeting with deterministic accuracy. 4INFO provides brand advertisers with full-funnel campaign analytics from engagement, to store visits, to enabling measurement of Return on Ad Spend based on actual sales transactions. Hundreds of brands have relied on 4INFO’s platform — including eight of the top 10 largest CPG companies, six of the 10 largest retailers, seven of the top 10 financial services companies, and the five largest auto manufacturers. 4INFO has powered more than 200 sales-lift measurement studies for national brands with impressive results, including ROAS averaging 256 percent and as high as 1000 percent. 4INFO is headquartered in San Mateo, Calif., with offices in New York and Chicago. Learn more here.
Interested in joining the team? Send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements .