Software Developer / Data Engineer at 4INFO
San Mateo, CA, US
4INFO is a leading multi-screen advertising and identity graph company, ingesting billions of ad requests on a daily basis. 4INFO uses patented technology to crunch this data and develop precise targeting, sales lift enablement, onboarding and other ID graph solutions for marketers. As the leader in sales lift measurement enablement of mobile ad campaigns, 4INFO has powered more than 200 measurement studies with impressive results, including a Return on Ad Spend (ROAS) averaging over 250%.
You will be joining the Data Science team which is responsible for processing billions of records and converting data into business value. This involves solving complex problems related to mobile and desktop devices, IP addresses, location data, points of interest data, mobile apps, household data etc. This team is also responsible for building large scale datasets to be used internally as well as shared with partners. The work done in this team has a high impact within 4INFO and high visibility outside the company. If this excites you, you might be a good fit.
We are looking for a very skilled software developer with particular expertise in optimizing code run against big data. This position reports to a Senior Data Scientist and is located in our San Mateo, CA office.
What you will do:
• Adapt algorithms for scalable application to big data; you will be primarily working with map-reduce and spark
• Optimize big data algorithms for high performance
• Improve functionality and robustness of data pipelines. You will not be responsible for day to day operations of the pipeline
• Take ownership of implementation, QA, deployment and maintenance of multiple projects
• Help data scientists design data algorithms with scalability considerations in mind
• Become a thought leader in efficient data processing and provide critical advice
• Communicate your ideas effectively with the team
• Excellent algorithms / data structure skills
• Ability to optimize code for peak performance
• 3 years of experience in Python
• 1 year of map-reduce/spark experience strongly preferred
• Bachelors or Master's degree in computer science or related field
• You should be excited to learn about and solve challenges in big data
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• 5 years of experience in Python
• 2 years of experience writing map-reduce/spark code for 1B+ rows datasets
• 1 year of experience in AWS EC2/EMR
• Expertise in SQL, shell scripts
Industry: Marketing and Advertising, Computer Software
Employment Type: Full-Time
Experience: Mid-Senior Level
Job Function: Data Science
Marketing and Advertising • 51-200 employees • Founded 2004 • Privately held
4INFO enables national brand advertisers to reach precise audiences across mobile devices and desktops and measure campaign success based on actual sales lift. Hundreds of brands have relied on the reach, targeting accuracy and measurement experience of 4INFO’s ad tech platform — including eight of the top 10 largest CPG companies, six of the 10 largest retailers, seven of the top 10 financial services companies, and the five largest auto manufacturers. 4INFO’s technology reaches more than 95 percent of U.S. smartphone users in over 100 million households using a highly accurate, patented method that doesn't rely on cookies, IP addresses or probabilistic modeling. As the leader in sales lift measurement of mobile ad campaigns, 4INFO has powered more than 200 measurement studies with impressive results, including a Return on Ad Spend (ROAS) averaging 272% and as high as 1000%. 4INFO is headquartered in San Mateo, Calif., with offices in New York and Chicago.