Senior Research Associate, Mammalian Synthetic Biology at Synthetic Genomics
La Jolla, CA, US
At Synthetic Genomics, Inc., we are dedicated to developing and commercializing genomic-driven solutions to address global challenges. We are currently seeking a Senior Research Associate to join our fast-growing, dynamic and collaborative team in La Jolla, CA.
Successful candidates for the Senior Research Associate position will develop and implement complex genome engineering technologies for the development of novel therapeutic applications in xenotransplantation, autoimmunity and oncology. Candidates will be an integral part of a large cross-disciplinary R&D team working in collaboration with industrial and academic partners.
• Experience and demonstrated excellence at the bench conducting research and development in a team and structured program environment.
• Demonstrated experience with:
o Mammalian cell culture and genetic modification of primary and transformed cells through the use of transient and stable transfection techniques
o Molecular biology techniques such as DNA PCR and cloning, assembly, sequencing and analysis
o Development, optimization and use of cell-based and immunological assays
• Innovative mindset with strong decision-making and troubleshooting skills.
• Under general direction of senior staff, has responsibility for multiple research projects, including experimental design, timelines and deliverables.
• Compilation of data and results; documentation and maintenance laboratory notebooks and computer files; communication/presentation of results to supervisor, team and collaborators as necessary.
• Consistently demonstrate initiative for timely completion of projects and tasks.
• Work in accordance with health and safety guidelines.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Immunology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or related discipline.
• At least 5+ years of industrial (biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical) experience with demonstrated ability to work effectively in collaborative, cross-disciplinary environment.
• Direct experience with cell culture and gene transfer, molecular biology techniques, cell-based and immune functional assays, and flow cytometric analysis.
• Experience with antibody and/or cell therapies desirable.
• Demonstrated ability to learn and optimized novel techniques, execute experimental plans and prepare research data to meet program goals.