Senior Software Engineer at Synthetic Genomics
La Jolla, CA, US
Synthetic Genomics, Inc. is the world leader in developing and commercializing genomic-driven solutions to address global challenges. At SGI, we are Digitizing Life by creating transformative products and technologies, and leveraging the latest in genomics and software technologies. We are seeking an accomplished and energetic Senior Software Engineer to join our brilliant and collaborative team in La Jolla, CA.
If you’ve been looking for that next frontier where you can expand both your technical skills and your knowledge space, this is the place for you. The software platform we’re creating enables our genomics researchers and computational biologists to explore the boundaries of what is known and what is possible, requiring us to design solutions around robustness of design, flexibility, and massive scalability.
As a key contributor, you will be responsible for architecting and implementing new distributed processing services (microservices) for reliability, performance and scale, while also collaborating with our bioinformatics team to deliver the best possible end-user experience.
• Expert in Object oriented programming using Python (or C/C++ with decent fluency in Python)
• Experience using Celery, Flask and Docker
• RESTful API design and implementation
• Strong understanding of microservice architectures and SOA
• Experience using version control systems such as Git
• Must be proficient with at least one AMQP technology (RabbitMQ/ZeroMQ etc)
• Extensive experience with AWS
• Test driven development
• Professional experience designing and building scalable microservices and orchestration
• Any database programming expertise
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field and at least 5 years of professional full time developer experience, or a combination of education and experience totaling 8 or more years.
• Experience developing within Linux/Unix environments.
• 6+ years of software engineering using Python, C/C++ or a comparable programming language.
• Ability to collaborate effectively with high velocity teammates on an Agile team.
• Comfortable with high degrees of freedom and responsibility.